Ice cream was produced at two locations, Tony's Ice Cream on Willow Street and City Ice Cream on Morehead. Tony's was run by Antonia Janetta, the husband of Maria Coletta. They would take horse-drawn wagons to mill villages, ball games, carnivals and camp meetings. Their presence became a part of everyday life in Gaston.
In the early 1930's, trucks replaced wagons and in 1947 Antonia Janetta built the present location on East Franklin Boulevard and another one on West Franklin. Anthony Coletta, or Tony as he is known, was the youngest son of Carmine Coletta. He managed the two locations until the death of Antonia Janetta and his wife Maria in 1971. Tony passed away in 1976, and ownership passed to his two sons, Robert and Louis.
Rest in Peace, kind man.